93% of online experiences start with a search engine.
So it’s important that your store occupies a good position and presence in search engine results.
75% of customers never scroll past the first page of search results.
It means you have to be best in SEO to rank on first pages. Else you lose the game.
33% of clicks go to the first result on Google.
Ranking first on Google can result in higher traffic and more business.
Once you store is ready. And you have put things in place to kickstart your business. It’s time to market your store.
You need to run ads. You need to promote your store on social media. And you need do SEO to get top rankings in search results.
One of the good thing about SEO is that its low cost. It’s natural as there are people searching for products and services. And it gets traffic with the higher likelihood of conversions.
So, whether you are new or an established business, optimize your website for search engines. And grab the business opportunities on offer in search engines.
To optimize your website, you need –
- A solid SEO strategy
- Powerful SEO tools
In this article, I will share with you 9 free and paid SEO tools to skyrocket your ecommerce business. I have purposely left tools offered by Google like Page Speed Insights, Keyword Planner etc., from the list as everybody knows about them. I have tried to pick unique tools on my list which are not known in ecommerce space. These tools will help you identify right keywords, analyze traffic and user behavior. So, that you get the right insights to sharpen your strategy and get more business.
Here’s My List Of 9 Free And Paid Seo Tools To Skyrocket Your Business
If you want to look for keywords beyond Google Keyword Planner then ubersuggest comes across as a good choice. Ubersuggest is particularly good in helping you identify long tail keywords.
Ubersuggest provides keyword suggestion for the web, images, shopping, Youtube, and news. You can also look for keywords specific to a country to identify popular search terms in your market.
Mozbar is easy to use and understand. It’s a Chrome browser plugin. Download it and you are set. It gives you access to a lot of key SEO data on Link Metrics, Page Analysis, Keyword difficulty and Page Optimization.
Mozbar allows you to-
- Create search profiles to make custom searches by the engine, country, region, or city. This helps you quickly rerun deep keyword analysis for different markets.
- Do link analysis by providing key metrics like Domain and Page Authority scores, plus numbers of linking root and subdomains.
- Do page analysis by exploring page elements, general attributes, page markup, link metrics, and HTTP status.
- Highlight links by identifying and highlighting keywords on a page, and differentiate links by type: Followed, Nofollowed, External, or Internal.
With a Moz Pro subscription, you get to:
- Know the Keyword Difficulty Score for any search term in real time.
- Get instant page optimization details for any keyword on any page.
- On-Page Content Suggestions
Pricing: 4 plans available between $99 to $599
The Google webmaster guidelines are a set of best practices provided by Google to find, index and rank your site. You must optimize your site must as per the guidelines to help Google rank it.
It also talks about a set of manipulative or deceptive practices to avoid while doing SEO.
Varvy is a simple tool that checks if a web page is following Google webmaster guidelines and gives you a report on major factors.
All you need to do is to enter your page URL and click on test. In a few seconds, you will get a report on major SEO factors like-
- GoogleBot Access
- Site Security
- Mobile friendliness
- Page Speed etc.
Page speed is an important factor in SEO. To get good rankings in Google’s or any other search engine results, your site needs to load fast. The faster the better. Also, it is an important factor in user experience. Online users are highly impatient. They hate to wait for longer times. So keep your page load time as fast as possible.
If you are using WordPress CMS you can improve your speed using plugins and strategies mentioned here.
GTmetrix is a wonderful tool to analyze your site’s speed and make it faster. The site tells you the current page load time. And suggest you a list of actionable recommendations to make your site speed quicker.
Major features of GTmetric include-
- Test the page load time of your site from 28 servers in 7 different regions across the world
- Track your page performance with scheduled monitoring and visualize it with graphs. Set alerts with different conditions to take timely action.
- Get real-world mobile performance data with actual simulation on an Android device.
- Record your page loads to exactly identify areas where bottlenecks or stoppages occur
- Test your page on different internet connection speeds like Dial-Up, 2G/3G etc., to check your page performance.
Pricing: Basic Plan is free, other plans range from $14.95/mo to $149.95/mo
Links are an essential part of a website. eCommerce websites normally have a lot of pages and hence a lot of external and internal links. Keeping your links clean and working is not only good for SEO but also for user experience. Also, you need to know what your competitors are doing and where they are getting the links from?
Ahrefs does this job wonderfully. While ahrefs is now a complete SEO tool but it is still widely known among the SEO fraternity as a link checker and analysis tool. It quickly finds all the links on a web page, tests each link and highlights the ones that are valid and broken. You get a list of full URLs of broken links to fix them. You also get a comprehensive view of your site’s link profile by analyzing its inbound/ outbound links and discover opportunities for link building.
Pricing: 7 day trial for $7 , Standard Plans at $99/mo and $179/mo
6. Screaming Frog SEO Spider
One of the good practices in SEO is to always keep your site healthy and compliant. And that requires you to regularly check every page, identify bugs and fix them. But doing it manually would be labor intensive and impossible. There’s always a possibility of missing a link or other. The Screaming Frog SEO Spider allows you to quickly crawl, analyze and audit a site.
You can view, analyze and filter the crawl data as it’s gathered and updated continuously in the program’s user interface. The tool allows you to-
- Find Broken Links
- Audit Temporary And Permanent Redirects
- Analyse Page Titles & Meta Data
- Discover Duplicate Content
- Generate XML Sitemaps
- View URLs blocked by robots.txt, meta robots or X-Robots-Tag directives as well as canonicals
You can export reports on key onsite SEO elements to Excel. Watch this video to understand what the SEO tool can do-
Pricing: £149.00 Per Year
7. Open Site Explorer
Google values inbound backlinks to your site. However, over the years, it has changed its links policy to prevent deceptive and manipulative SEO practices. Today, the quality of your link is more important than quantity. And search engine penalizes poor quality links. So higher the quality of the link profile of your website, better the chances of your store ranking on top.
Open Site Explorer helps you improve your website’s link profile. It researches backlinks and discovers potentially damaging links. It also helps you find link-building opportunities.
Just enter the site URL and get a report on all the inbound links to the site with a spam score, PA, and DA.
Pricing: $99/mo to $599/mo
8. Google Search Console
Image Source: serps.com
Google Search Console is a free service offered by Google. It was formerly known as Google Webmaster Central and then Google Webmaster Tools. It is a collection of tools and resources for SEO professionals to keep track and improve your website’s performance in search results.
Search Console helps you understand how Google views your site and provide insights to optimize its performance in search results. It also helps in-
- Ensure that Google can access your content
- Submit new pages for crawling and remove pages you don’t want to be indexed in search results
- Keep a track of malware or spam and address it to keep your site clean
- Identify keywords for which your site is ranking in search results
- Links to your website
- Discover insights on your site’s mobile rendition and performance
- Update your sitemap
- Get reports on site’s performance and issues
If you are looking for an all-in-one digital marketing tool then SEMrush fits the bill perfectly. It is a feature-rich tool that helps you not only in SEO but other digital marketing functions like advertising, social media, content etc.
Major features of SEMRush are-
- Gain insights into your competitors’ organic content strategy
- Conduct a deep link analysis
- Check your site’s health with the SEO analysis tool
- Analyze Your Online Rivals’ Ad Copies and Keywords
- Analyze competitors’ display ads
- Set side-by-side domains’ comparisons
- Track and analyze social media performance
- Monitor Your Brand Reputation
- Assess your website’s content and compare the performance of different content pieces
Pricing: Various plans ranging from $99.95 to $399.95
I will repeat it. SEO is important for your business. Don’t neglect it. Build a smart SEO strategy and use above listed free and paid SEO tools. And see your business skyrocket.
A lot of the SEO practices will also help you boost the user experience of your site. So embrace SEO. And master it.
If you are new to SEO then start with these resources-
And then move to advanced concepts to master SEO.